Question: How do I re-issue my current certificate with SHA-2 (SHA-256)?
Answer: It depends on when your certificate is set to expire.
If your certificate presently expires:
- BEYOND 31 December 2016, then Comodo automatically will provide you with a SHA-2 signed certificate upon re-issuance. Please see How do I get a replacement certificate? on how to re-issue your certificate.
- PRIOR TO 31 December 2016, then please contact Comodo Support either by phone or ticket/email.
- To contact us via email/ticket:
- Please register on our support site. If you already have registered, you may skip this step.
- Once registered, please send us an email via firstname.lastname@example.org and provide us with the following:
- Order Number
- Fully Qualified Domain Name (or IP)
- Web Server Software (e.g. Apache, IIS, Tomcat, etc.)
- Brief Explaination of what is needed (E.g. Please re-issue my certificate as SHA-2 and here is the CSR)
- Subject: This can be any thing you would like it to be. However, we recommend that it something descriptive about your issue (e.g. I need a replacement certificate)