Combine PVK + SPC to PFX
Prerequisites (Must haves)|
* Microsoft's tool to import PVK files (For Windows 2000/XP Only!)
* Your code signing certificate from Comodo (as PVK and SPC files).
- Install pvkimport you downloaded from Microsoft.
Note: Remember the paths to where you installed it (c:\codesign\)
- Copy your certificate/key (mycert.spc & mykey.pvk) files to the directory where you installed 'pvkimport'
- Open a command-prompt and change to the folder where you installed 'pvkimport'. (c:\codesign\)
- Combine your SPC and PVK certificate/key files that you received from Comodo into a
PFX file using 'pvkimport':
c:\codesign> pvkimprt -import –pfx c:\codesign\mycert.spc c:\codesign\mycert.pvk
This will start a wizard. Choose options:
Yes, Export the Private Key (check)
Include all Certificates in Path if possible (check)
Enable strong protection (uncheck)
Delete the private key if export is successful (uncheck)
Enter a password
Choose a location (c:\codesign\mycert.pfx)
- You can check the private key has been imported successfully by using MMC.
* Open MMC
* Select add/remove snap in and select certificates. (Computer Account, Local Computer)
* Opening your code signing certificate should show code signing usage and that you have the private key.