AEP Netilla 5 CSR Creation and SSL Installation Instructions
How to create a CSR on AEP Netilla and install your SSL certificate
Setting up your SSL on a AEP Netilla device should be fairly straightforward through the Netilla Admin panel.
- Open your Netilla Admin panel and go to System Configuration, General, SSL, and then choose to "Request New Certificate."
You will be presented with a form to enter your company's information which will be submitted to COMODO as part of your certificate request.
Most of the requested information should be straightforward, but remember that your country should be your 2-digit country code, not the entire country name. Your common name is the fully-qualified domain name your certificate will be issued to, or *.domain.com for wildcard certificate requests.
You will now have an encoded text file. This is your CSR, or certificate signing request. You will copy and paste the entire body of this file into the form provided by COMODO for requesting your certificate.
Once you have submitted your CSR to COMODO, you will need to wait until you have received your certificate filed back (by email or download inside your account) to continue with the certificate installation.
- To install your certificate, return to the Netilla Admin screen under System Configuration, General, SSL, and then go to CA Certificates.
- Choose to Upload New, then copy and paste the entire text of your TrustedRoot.crt certificate file into the box provided, and click the Submit button at the bottom of the page. If you receive the message that the root is already present, move ahead to the next step.
- Repeat this process for any intermediate certificate files (COMODOCA.crt) that you have received. You will install all the certificate files from COMODO this way except the your_domain_com.crt file you received.
- If done correctly, you will now see your COMODO certificates listed under "Existing CA Certificates" when you click the CA Certificate link.
Finally, go to the Netilla Admin screen > System Configuration > General > SSL and click on 'Upload Cert from CA'. You will paste the entire text of the your_domain_com.crt certificate you received back from COMODO into the form provided and press submit.
You should get a confirmation that this has worked properly.
- Congratulations, your AEP device is now setup with SSL and should be ready to go.