Certificate Installation: Plesk 7 & 8
Posted by Technical Support 271, Last modified by on October 27 2008 23:30
Plesk 7 & 8 Certificate Installation
Install Certificate to Server1. Login to Plesk Control Panel
2. Select 'Domains' from the left hand menu.
2. Click 'Home' and scroll to the bottom of the page.
3. Click on the 'Domain name' that the certificate is for.
4. Click on the 'Certificates' icon located under Services.
5. Install End Entity/Domain & CA Certificates
a. Upload Entity/Domain Certificate
Click 'Browse' and locate the extracted End Entity/Domain certificate. This will typically be yourDomainName.crt. Click 'Send File' to complete this installation.
b. Upload CA Certificate
Click 'Browse' and locate the extracted CA certificate. This will typically be yourDomainName.ca-bundle. Click 'Send File' to complete this installation.
Copy and Pasting Certificatesa. Open 'yourDomainName.crt' and 'yourDomainName.ca-bundle' in your favorite text editor.
b. Copy and Paste the contents of 'yourDomainName.crt' to the Certificate section.
c. Copy and Paste the contents of 'yourDomainName.ca-bundle' to the CA Certificate section.
d. Once finished click 'Send Text'.
6. Your certificate has now been added to your site's certificate repository.
Note: If you did not receive a .ca-bundle file. Please read this article on how to create one yourself.
Enable Site for SSL1. Stay in the same area where the certificate was installed.
2. Click 'Up Level' from the top right area of the Control Panel.
3. Click 'Setup'.
4. Using the drop-down box select the certificate that was just installed above.
5. Check the status of your IP Address and Certificate.
Note: This example shows a shared IP with the default certificate. If there is no Certificate drop-down box in this area, this means that you are on a shared hosting account and therefore you need to upgrade your hosting package and purchase a dedicated/static IP address from your hosting provider.
Must be logged in as administrator before continuing!
Restart Apache Service1. Click 'Server' item from the left hand menu.
2. Click on the 'Service Management' menu item.
3. Stop and Start the Apache process. Icons are Start, Stop and Restart.
Note: Do not simply restart the Apache Service. You must stop the service, then start it again to complete the installation.
* Which is Root? Which is Intermediate?
* How do I make my own bundle file (CA Certificate) from CRT files?